Just in time! I guess we couldn’t have cut it much closer. Our leaky roof has been worked on for the last week and we managed to complete just a few hours before the first rains since 11th May fell on Lanjaron. Many thanks to Jorge and my daughter, Emma for helping us out.
Our new roof is now fully waterproofed although there are still the tiles to lay down. The photo shows the asphalt layer lying atop the new concrete layer. Of course, if it had been built right in the first place then non of this would have been necessary!
We took this opportunity to channel rain water from the roof into a new water deposit tank. This can now be used in helping to feed our growing vegetable plot.